Key points in selecting Water Softener & Descalers :
Resin water softeners remove suspended and solved particles in the water of heating/cooling systems. On the other hand, anti-scaling equipment keep the particles suspended and prevent their deposition on the heat exchanger surfaces.
Why use Water Softener & Descalers in boiler rooms?
- The minerals (hardness) in water need to be removed because they deposit on the heat exchanging surfaces (internal boiler surfaces, coils, heat exchangers, chiller condensers and evaporators, coils of fan coil devices, air conditioning units, and other such equipment, thus reducing the heat transfer coefficient and overall heat exchange.
- The minerals in water are categorized as temporary and permanent. Compounds of bicarbonate calcium and magnesium are called temporary hardness, while compounds of sulfate, chloral, and nitrate calcium or magnesium are called permanent hardness (e.g. the scales inside a kettle). The total hardness is the combination of both temporary and permanent hardness.
- When using resin water softeners, both the flow rate of water and its hardness (in ppm) must be accounted for;
- Resin softeners outperform the magnetic, electronic, and ultrasonic softeners by facilitating ion exchange in water and replacing calcium and magnesium ions with soluble sodium ions. However, they occupy more space and require regular backwash and resin renewal.
- The cation resin used in resin softeners is renewed after washing with saltwater and regains its softening properties;
- Considering the negative impact of suspended particles and heavy metals such as iron, manganese, copper, in water entering resin softeners, it is recommended to install sand filters in the water supply pipe connected to the softener in order to clear the suspended particles and heavy metals before the water enters the resin softener.
- In resin softeners with semi-auto valves, the backwash and renewal of resin softeners must be performed regularly under supervision by the boiler room operator. In resin softeners featuring fully-automated valves, there is no need for an operator, and the operation is performed according to the flow of time configurations.
Considering the impurities in regular salt, especially in salt rock, which greatly reduces the useful life of resin softness, only use crystal salts to renew the resin.
Use the following equation to estimate the capacity of a resin water softener :
Therefore,after specifying the water consumption of the closed-loop heating and cooling systems and the hardness of the water (via dedicated instruments), the above equation can provide the required resin softener capacity with sufficient accuracy.
Points to consider when selecting a resin water softener :
- The hardness of input water (ppm)
- The flow rate of input water
- Type and capacity of the resin
- Renewal and backwash cycles
The resin amount, softener dimensions (diameter and height), and shell materials are the primary characteristics of a resin softener. Manufacturers usually provide the general specifications such as service flow rate, renewal flow rate, and quick watch flow rate which help estimate the amount of required resin
All magnetic, electronic, or ultrasonic anti-scalings are installed on the water supply tube of heat exchange equipment (e.g. boiler, chiller, cooling tower, heat exchangers, coil tanks, double-shell tanks, and others).
Magnetic anti-scalings are mounted on metal pipes and can suspend the minerals and particles in water without using electricity at that section of the pipe However, the said sediments may deposit along the rest of the path and after contact with taps, joints, or other branchings in the pipe.
Electronic and ultrasonic anti-scalings mounted on pipes can send electromagnetic or ultrasonic waves as far as 150-2000 meters along with the flow of water in the pipe and can force particles to remain soluble in water in the water cycle, while gradually removing previous sediments. Therefore, you can consult with Damatajhiz technicians to select a water softener or anti-scaling device for your project so they can provide you with the necessary directions.
Placing an Order and Warranties Water Softener & Descalers :
- Offering the best price guarantee for all products, the prices for Water Softener & Descalers presented by DamaTajhiz are up-to-date and discount-included (see Best Price Guarantee at DamaTajhiz.com).
- Find the technical information you need for comparison and purchase for several models of Water Softener & Descalerss from reliable manufacturers at DamaTajhiz.com, under the Water Softener & Descalersr category.
Efficiency is our motto, your profit our priority
Gal (am) = 3.785 Lit
1M³ =35.315 Ft³
1 grain = 0.0648 gr
Ft³ X 28.3 = Lit